Work apparel isn’t one of the many well-thought-out elements in The Sims 4. Many people dislike the clothing that their Sims wear. They often don’t present their characters’ professions in the best light, and even when their characters are promoted, their attire occasionally return to those from their former job.
You want to replace their clothes to fix the problem, but how do you do it?
This article will walk you through the process of changing work attire in Sims 4. You’ll also learn how to modify NPC work clothing for a more uniform appearance.
How to Change Work Clothes in Sims 4
Changing work clothes in Sims 4 might be difficult since the game does not support this capability. Fortunately, you may bypass this impediment by using the cheat code “Change Career Outfit.” It allows you to put all of your outfit ideas into action to make your Sims’ careers more appealing.
You must first allow cheats in your game before you can use this code. If you haven’t previously enabled cheats, follow these steps:
- After pressing the Input key, you may now enter your cheat codes. If this doesn’t work, try removing the brackets from the “testingCheats [true]” line.
You may enable the “Change Career Outfit” code after you’ve enabled the cheat console. Follow the instructions below:
When you create a new work suit for your Sims, the modification has no effect on their career. They will continue to work as usual, but their clothes will be different. Everything else, including social interactions, will be unaffected. This is why the cheat code is so useful.
However, keep in mind that certain work uniforms are not intended to be worn outside of particular buildings or areas. They aren’t even searchable in CAS mode. As a result, if you switch those uniforms for your own, you may be unable to undo the change. To prevent this circumstance, make sure that your present work clothing may be worn freely.
A mod called “Plan Career Outfit” may also be used to customize your Sims’ job attire. All dressers, Get Together closets, and mirrors now have interactions. It may also be included into any item that already has the Change Sim interactions, which means it will function with Custom Content productions immediately.
The sole drawback is that the mod is only compatible with Sims that have jobs that allow them to wear uniforms. They must also be in their twenties.
Here’s what you need to do to use the mod:
Your Sims will be dressed in their new outfits the next time they depart for work.
When using this interaction on Sims that have many occupations, you can only alter the clothing of the most recent employment. In addition, work attire for Child Sims are not supported by the mod.
Keep in mind that utilizing this mod will need the use of the Scumbumbo XML Injector. This is a mod library that allows mods to make minor modifications by using custom snippets instead of scrips. It also enables modders to distribute their modifications without having to bother about developing, building, or updating the script.
If you haven’t already, take these steps to download and install the Injector:
- Check that the XML Injector is operating properly. To do this, utilize the integrated test package, which provides numerous test interactions to your game objects. In Sims 4, you may utilize any of the six places listed below:
- Household mailbox
- Computer objects
- Clicking on your Sim
- Selecting another Sim using the Friendly talk feature
- Household phone category
- Using the Sim’s relationship panel
This manner, tests will no longer display in the pie menus. However, keep the script file inside the Mods folder. If you delete it, other modifications that rely on it may stop working.
You can make the most of your clothing mod after you’ve installed and tested the Injector. The Injector will guarantee that it does not interfere with any other modifications, ensuring that your game remains intact and stable.
How to Change an NPC Work Outfit in Sims 4
Changing an NPC’s job clothing is analogous to changing the costumes of your characters. You’ll need to bring up the cheat code console once again and input the following cheat code:
- Type in the following line:
This section contains answers to further Sims-related questions.
How do I Enable Sims 4 Cheats on a Mac?
We’ve already gone through how to activate cheat codes on a PC. If you use a Mac, the procedure is the same. This is how it appears:
1. Enter the following key combination: Ctrl + Shift + C.
2. A cheat input window will now appear. Enter “testingCheats [true]” or “testingcheats [on]” in the search box. If the lines don’t work, remove the square brackets.
3. Press “Enter,” and you’re good to go.
How do I Enable Sims 4 Cheats on an Xbox?
Sims 4 cheats are also available through the console. To enable them on your Xbox, follow these steps:
1. During gameplay, press the LT, LB, RT, and RB buttons on the controller to bring up the input box.
2. Enter “testingCheats [true]” or “testingcheats [on]” with or without the brackets, as appropriate.
3. Re-open the input box to enter your cheat codes.
How do I Enable Sims 4 Cheats on a PS4?
Activating Sims 4 cheat codes on a PS4 goes as follows:
1. Start the game by pressing the following keys: L1, L2, R1, R2. This will open the input box.
2. Enter “testingCheats [true]” or “testingcheats [on]”.
3. Return to the cheat box and input your cheat codes. If it doesn’t appear, try removing the square brackets from any of the lines above.
Cheats in Sims 4 are useful, but they may deactivate Trophies and Achievements if used on a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. As a result, before using cheat codes, thoroughly examine your options.
How do I Edit an NPC in Sims 4?
You can modify the appearance of your Sims 4 NPCs if you don’t like how they seem. You may change their complete look, not just their job clothes. Here’s how it’s done:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + C to open your previously active cheat console.
2. Enter the following line: “cas. fulleditmode”.
3. Press the Enter button.
4. Go to the NPC you want to edit and press Shift + Click.
5. Choose the Modify in CAS option and make your changes.
It’s Time for a Sophisticated Look
Work clothes may be a major issue in The Sims 4, but utilizing cheat codes and modifications is an excellent method to address it. They enable you to modify the clothing of your Sims and NPCs in seconds to make it more appropriate for their jobs. As a result, regardless of your platform, you may build a flawlessly clothed workforce.
Do you like the Sims 4 work clothes? Do you have any other suggestions about how to modify them? Have you thought of altering Sims 4 NPCs? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.
You are looking for information, articles, knowledge about the topic How to Change Your Sims 4 Work Outfit on internet, you do not find the information you need! Here are the best content compiled and compiled by the kookydroidapps.com team, along with other related topics such as: Tech.
Related videos about How to Change Your Sims 4 Work Outfit